Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption
During the months of November and December, the ALGSA Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption program provides gifts to Alagille Syndrome families around the world during the holiday season – the giving season. Holiday gifts such as toys, clothing, and other special items can cause extra strain on family budgets this time of year. Through our Holiday Giving Tree program, gift givers may select a family to “adopt” during the holiday season.
The application period for families to participate and join the Holiday Giving Tree Adoption Program is NOW CLOSED. The Holiday Giving Tree Adoption page where families can be “adopted” is OPEN FOR GIFT GIVING until December 1, 2023. Link located at the bottom of the page, below. Families will continue to be added to the family adoption list until all applications submitted during the open application period are processed. Please visit the Family Adoption List and Donate Page for Gift Givers, and read the stories of each family waiting to be adopted for Christmas!
The application period for families to apply for 2023 is now CLOSED.
How the program works:
- Once families are selected to be a part of the Holiday Giving Tree program, we work with the family to determine appropriate gifts for family members based on ages, interests, and needs.
- All participant families will remain anonymous.
- To adopt a family, gift givers review the family descriptions available and select a family that best matches how you wish to give. A gift of $300 adopts a family completely or a partial donation can go toward a specific family as well. EVERY donation helps a family in need! This amount covers all gift costs, associated fees, shipping, and some wrapping paper and supplies.
- Gift givers complete the form to adopt the family and then donates their desired amount to the ALGSA. Gift givers may include a message to the family that will be presented along with their gifts.
- Once a gift giver has selected a family and donated, that family is removed from the Holiday Giving Tree and the ALGSA purchases and ships their gifts.
- All gifts are a tax deductible donation to the ALGSA.
If you are unable to adopt a family this year, you can still be a part of the giving season and the Holiday Giving Tree program. Make a donation of any amount, and we will apply that amount where needed. You may select a specific family or the general fund. General funds are needed for the ALGSA to purchase additional wrapping paper, supplies, and to help with shipping and administrative costs associated with running the program.
ALL GIFTS MUST BE MADE TO DIRECTLY TO THE HOLIDAY GIVING TREE GIFT ADOPTION PROGRAM PAGE. **Facebook or other fundraisers outside of program will not apply. Family Adoption List and Donate page for Gift Givers.