ALGSAcademic Scholarship Program
The ALGSAcademic Scholarship program was designed to support Alagille Syndrome families as they look to higher education. Open to Alagille Warriors and their immediate family members, our hope is to provide the means necessary to achieve the individual’s education goals.
In September 2022, the Alagille Syndrome Alliance (ALGSA) established the ALGSAcademic Scholarship. The ALGSAcademic Scholarship funds the education of high school graduates or GED credentialed recipients with ALGS, their siblings, their children, and their parents/guardians who are entering or enrolled in an accredited US university, college or vocational school, and choose to pursue higher education. The Scholarship award is $1,500.00 for one semester. Applicants may receive awards up to two times for a total possible award of $3,000.00. Scholarship applications or awards do not have to run consecutively.
- Be a high school graduate, expect to graduate high school by July 31, 2023, or be a GED credential recipient
- Be diagnosed with Alagille Syndrome (ALGS), a sibling, child, or parent/guardian of a person with ALGS
- Be currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in an accredited US college or university as an undergraduate student or in a US vocational or trade school
- Be a citizen of the United States or a legal and permanent resident of the United States
- See Additional Program Disclosures
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM DISCLOSURES:
- The ALGSAcademic Scholarship is a $1,500.00 scholarship award
- The ALGSAcademic Scholarship program is currently available for US residents only
- An individual may receive up to two (2) ALGSAcademic Scholarship awards under this program
- Multiple awards are not required to run consecutively
- An individual may receive either the ALGSAcademic Scholarship or the Alaina K. Hahn Celebratory Scholarship but not both at any time during the life of the programs
- The ALGSAcademic Scholarship program is open to any Alagille Warrior, parent, caregiver, sibling, or child of an Alagille Warrior
- Funding through the ALGSAcademic Scholarship funds undergraduate programs in college, university, technical school, trade school, or other higher education institutions
- Graduate programs are not currently included in the ALGSAcademic Scholarship program
- Funding may be used for expenses including but not limited to tuition, books, meal plans, etc.
- Funding for the ALGSAcademic Scholarship award is paid directly to the school
- ALGSA reserves the right to change, discontinue, or cancel this program at any time without notice
Applicants can apply and qualify for up to two $1,500 scholarships. The award may be applied to educational expenses at an accredited US university or college (undergraduate), or US vocational school.
Applications for the ALGSAcademic Scholarship open on June 1, 2023 and the application deadline is July 1, 2023. Application materials available here are for the 2023/2024 academic year’s Fall Term. Please see the ALGSAcademic Scholarship Packet for more details and how to apply.
ALGSAcademic Scholarship Application Packet
For questions, please email email@example.com.