ALGSAbroad International Support and Focus Groups
Para acceder al grupo de enfoque y apoyo internacional de ALGSAbroad para familias de habla hispana y para acceder a información en español, haga clic aquí.
Improved communication with our international families deepens ALGS understanding and strengthens the mission of the ALGSA allowing us to better serve the ALGS community. This is why we have started the ALGSAbroad International Support and Focus Groups program.
The goals of the ALGSAbroad Program include:
- Educating stakeholders about ALGS experiences, specific challenges and care needs through translated surveys, support groups, direct communications and group Zoom calls
- Building international ALGS medical expert database
- Opening the lines of communication between international clinical teams and the ALGSA
- Distributing translated resources and clinical trial information internationally
- Facilitating connections with scientists and researchers abroad
- Using this knowledge to enact change within the clinical and research settings for families impacted by Alagille Syndrome
- Increase outreach and offer ALGS programs internationally including financial assistance, education and support groups
The first International Support and Focus Group for Hispanic speaking families includes one full Spanish language page on our website, dedicated Spanish Zoom meetings with ALGS specialists, ALGSAssistance, a dedicated support group solely for Spanish speaking families and resource materials translated into Spanish.
Within our ALGSAbroad program, we also bring our international families the same programs offered in the U.S including financial assistance, education and support groups. See below for a current list of active international working groups. More language specific International Support and Focus Groups coming soon.
If you are interested in starting an ALGSAbroad Working Group in your country, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Español: Para obtener más información sobre el grupo de enfoque y apoyo internacional de ALGSAbroad para familias de habla hispana y para acceder a información en español, haga clic aquí.
Italiano: Per ulteriori informazioni sul focus internazionale di ALGSAbroad e sul gruppo di supporto per le famiglie di lingua italiana e per accedere alle informazioni in italiano, fare clic qui.