Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption
During the month of November and December, the Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption program provides gifts to Alagille Syndrome families around the world during the holiday season – the giving season. Holiday gifts such as toys, clothing and special needs items can cause extra strain on family budgets this time of year. Through our Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption program, gift givers may select a family in need to “adopt” during the holiday season.
How the program works:
- Once families are selected to be a part of the Holiday Giving Tree Family Gift Adoption program, we work with the family to determine appropriate gifts for their family based on ages, interests and needs of the family members.
- Each leaf on our Holiday Giving Tree represents one of the families selected to participate in the program. Those families are now eligible for Gift Adoption. ALL PARTICIPANT FAMILIES WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS
- To give, anyone can select a family leaf that best matches how they want to give (i.e., a family leaf may list a tricycle for a four year old, a toy construction set for an eight year old and a grocery store gift card for the family).
- The giver completes the form to adopt the family and donates the appropriate amount to the ALGSA. The giver may include messages to the family that will be presented along with their gifts.
- Once the giver has selected a family and donated, that family leaf is removed from the tree and the ALGSA purchases and ships the gifts to the family.
- Your gift amount is a tax deductible donation to the ALGSA.
If you are unable to adopt a family this year, you can still be a part of the giving season and the Holiday Giving Tree Gift Adoption program. Make a donation to the Holiday Giving Tree Gift Adoption program, and we will apply that amount where needed. All funds received for this program will go toward purchasing items for the participating families. Funds must be made directly to the Holiday Giving Tree Gift Adoption program (special program donation page here). Facebook or other fundraisers outside the program will not apply.