The Alagille Syndrome Alliance considers financial assistance to families with children, youth or adults receiving treatment for Alagille Syndrome. ALGSAssistance Program should be used as financial help during a time of need but not be counted on in any emergency situations. The ALGSA does not and will not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, nationality, disability, marital status, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
ALGSAssistance Program Guidelines
- Anyone currently receiving treatment for Alagille Syndrome OR any parent/caregiver of a child currently receiving treatment for Alagille Syndrome may apply for the ALGSAssistance Program
- You may apply as many times as needed throughout the year, however, a family will be awarded assistance from the ALGSAssistance Program a maximum of one time per calendar year
- Applications for the ALGSAssistance Program accepted any time through the online portal (https://alagille.org/?page_id=5242).
- The ALGSA makes payments ONLY to third party service providers, not to the family directly
- The third party bill(s) MUST accompany the ALGSAssistance Program application
- ALGSAssistance cannot be used for emergency services including utility cut off notices
- There is a $2,500 limit per calendar year per family, however, you may apply for smaller amounts if needed
- Payment of ALGSAssistance is determined on a case by case basis by the ALGS Board of Directors, and a detailed description of need is highly recommended
- A CaringBridge page, other public social media page, letter from physician or case worker on letterhead or a medical eligibility form from the physician will be required for verification of current ALGS treatment
- Please email email@example.com if you need a medical eligibility form
Examples of Expenses Covered
- Home: Rent/mortgage or Utilities/electric
- Vehicle: Car payments or car insurance
- Medical: Medical expenses not covered by insurance
Please complete this application form to receive consideration for financial assistance.
View ALGSAssistance form