2019 SCIENTIFIC MEETING ON ALGS
Coming in 2019!
The ALGSA is hosting the 2019 Alagille Syndrome Scientific Meeting as part of the 8th International Symposium on ALGS. The 2019 ALGS Scientific Meeting will be held June 20-21, 2019, at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in the William Cooper Procter Pavilion in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Twenty-two experts in all aspects of ALGS will present 15-minute talks followed by 5-minute discussions. Time within the program has been reserved to allow addition of 3 junior investigator talks and/or late breaking discoveries of cutting-edge research related to ALGS. The talks are expected to reflect mostly unpublished work. Senior scientists have been selected as discussion leaders/Moderators and trainees (pre-doctoral and medical students, as well as post-doctoral and clinical fellows) will be selected as co-moderators for each session from registered attendees. About 150 attendees are expected to participate. Discussion topic areas include:
• ALGS – disease course, clinical trials, challenges, and knowledge gaps
• Jagged1-mediated Notch signaling – identifying key mechanistic points to target
• Role of Notch in vascular biology – primary driver or secondary impact of ALGS defects
• Organogenesis – specific rules or common themes of defects found in patients with ALGS
• ALGS pre-clinical models and emerging therapies
• Meeting overview – discussion of new concepts, identification of focus areas, and formation of collaborations to improve the outcome of patients with ALGS
On the morning following the meeting an Investigator and Patient/Family Roundtable will be held at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati to further inform ALGS research and discovery.
More information about the 2019 ALGS Scientific Meeting will be posted here as the event date gets closer. This event is open to all individuals interested in ALGS, Jagged1-mediated Notch signaling, and contributing to ALGS science and understanding.