WHO WE ARE
The ALGSA is built on a steadfast belief in the formidable power of one person to achieve amazing feats and the equally awesome power of many working together to change the world. Based on this foundation, we strive to achieve several fundamental goals:
- Support the ALGS community by continuing our innovative efforts that emphasize education, opportunities to connect, access to resources, and individual support.
- Build capacity to increase engagement in advocacy and research, helping support development of therapies that benefit ALGS Warriors around the globe.
- Engage medical professionals to broaden knowledge of ALGS, develop guidelines for care, communicate with practitioners, and inform medical students through ALGS education.
- Offer a symposium every three years for families to access resources that meet their immediate needs and help them thrive.
- Leverage staff resources and external relationships to stay financially healthy and sustainable.
- Implement an operational model that allows for growth and continues to encourage flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of our community.